Better Reports is looking for a data-savvy customer service representative to provide world-class customer service for our rapidly growing SaaS app.
Better Reports was founded in 2017.
We are a small team of highly effective individuals, distributed across the globe.
Our product is a data analysis and reporting SaaS app, trusted by over 3,000 businesses and growing.
We are on a mission to provide the best tool for analyzing data from popular apps and APIs.
It is first and foremost a customer service role.
The majority of your time will be spent reading and replying to email queries from customers through our help desk tool (HelpScout).
Common customer queries include:
- Requests to create custom reports and custom formulas
- Investigating and explaining report results
- Requests about features, capabilities, pricing, refunds
On a less frequent basis, you may be required to:
- Write documentation about various features of the app
- Record videos to demonstrate functionality of the app that help answer specific customer questions
- Jump on phone/video calls with larger customers to educate and walk through various features
Opportunity for growth as the company expands
We value highly effective individuals who are passionate about their work.
- Analytical reading
You'll spend most of your time reading and replying to customer emails.
You must be able to read a customer’s email and figure out what they are asking, and not simply what they are saying.
- Intelligible writing
Your written English needs to be excellent. Beside correct grammar and spelling, you must be a clear, concise and intelligible writer. This skill is fundamental, not only to reply to customers, but also to contribute to our product documentation and communicate internally.
- Problem solving
You’ll frequently encounter requests for reports that haven’t come up before. You must be tenacious and consider all the different ways that you might be able to solve the problem and come up with an optimal solution.
- Love for data and numbers
While you don’t need extensive experience with data tools (see next item), you must have an affinity for slicing and dicing data. If you’ve never written an Excel formula or have never heard of SQL, this role is not the right fit for you.
- Proficient with data analysis tools such as Excel, SQL, Tableau, PowerBI, Google DataStudio or other similar tools. If you are familiar with any of those tools, you’ll be able to use our app effectively in just a few days.
- Experience with the industries of e-commerce / accounting / finance.
Most of our reports analyze orders, transactions, and other financial data. It would help if you were familiar with these domains.
- Good at recording screen casts
Our current documentation is lacking video tutorials and we need to record more of them.
- You must be comfortable working from home (or other remote environment), have a dedicated workspace, fast and reliable internet access
- You must be a self starter, proactive and be able to get things done with minimal supervision
- You are expected to be available and online during working hours (we communicate via chat a lot)
- You are expected to (over)communicate clearly and frequently, and send frequent emails about your progress, suggestions, issues, questions, etc...
- Your writing skills will be put into practice daily to communicate internally and externally.
- You will join our team as an independent contractor / sole proprietor and will be responsible for paying your own taxes.
Compensation: Negotiable depending on skills and location (cost of living)